Find something on the web to post a link to, that relates to something
we learned this year but is not the lesson itself. About the math, businesses, careers, comics,
games, when math is used, projects that might have been fun...... It should not just be a page explaining how to do a lesson we did this year, you already learned how, now I want you to apply it, show me you understood it-and let's be real, if you post a link to a website with a ton of words to teach yourself, did you really read all of it?? Do this by Thursday evening, so I can
look at them by Friday. Happy END OF YEAR!!Friday, May 25, 2012
Last Extra Credit
Find something on the web to post a link to, that relates to something
we learned this year but is not the lesson itself. About the math, businesses, careers, comics,
games, when math is used, projects that might have been fun...... It should not just be a page explaining how to do a lesson we did this year, you already learned how, now I want you to apply it, show me you understood it-and let's be real, if you post a link to a website with a ton of words to teach yourself, did you really read all of it?? Do this by Thursday evening, so I can
look at them by Friday. Happy END OF YEAR!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
http://www.howe-two.com/teacher/tools/risern.gif
I found one! Have a great summer, Miss Smith!
- Bea from Per.4
We will miss you soooo much! All of us had a great time learning math with you this year and we will miss you alllooootttttt!!!!! Hope you have a great summer!
FROM: A SECRET STUDENT :)
Why thank you secret student! I will miss you guys too.
This one is just for fun:
http://brownsharpie.courtneygibbons.org/?p=557
I just had to share it ;-)
Kayla B.
For the extra credit.....:P:)
http://www.kohls.com/?pfx=pfx_google_roi&cid=bsolo
This shows an example of discount in everyday life. To find the discount of a shirt at Kohls that is 50% off (as shown) you need to change the 50% to a decimal and multiply it by the original price, which in this case is $20. At this point, you need to subtract the discounted amount from the original price $20 - $10 = $10. As a result you get $10, which in this case would be the final price of the shirt. So every time we go shopping and buy an
item on sale, we use the math we learned in class!
-Kayla B.
I found this math game about ratios.
http://www.mathgametime.com/games/ratio-blaster-math-game
~Hannah Smith per.5
http://www.ixl.com/math/grade-7/estimate-metric-measurements
This is really cool because it gives you a little quiz. This is useful in real life because this is common sense. One of the questions was...
"which is a better estimate for the weight of a duck"
-1 kilogram
-1 gram
the answer was 1gram because it would be a weird duck to see if it weighed 1 gram, huh. :)
-Kate A.
-Period 1
By theway Oregon will love you as a teacher, I mean who wouldn't but still... we will all miss you. Thanks for being my math teacher.
-Kate A.
Hannah: That's great, did you play it??
Kate: Thank you so very much :)
Phaedra: I got yours, as we discussed :)
http://www.mathguide.com/projects/#Puzzle
Thanks so much for the extra credit! Have a great summer Miss Smith!
http://www.math-play.com/multiplying-and-dividing-integers-game.html
by the cool kid Peyton Ratto period 1
http://www.math-play.com/slope-intercept-game.html
-JP Flores
Period 1
I found this website to help with almost all of the algebra that I learned this year. Hope this helps.
http://www.math-play.com/Algebra-Math-Games.html
Nick Brice
Period 2
http://mrart.wikispaces.com/Math+Cartoons from:Kaylee Thompson per.1
Here you go. http://www.mathgoodies.com/puzzles/crosswords/ifractions3.html
Abigail Hansen
Mimi Mason per. 3
http://threesixty360.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/another-math-comic/
the third one down that says 'alex works at kmart....'
http://www.coolmath-games.com/
Here is a website for a cool math games that would keep your brain going! :)
Lauren Eom
Period 3
Is this ok? Sorry for the long link :P
-Gianna period 3 :)
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=math+comics&hl=en&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&biw=1024&bih=596&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsa&tbnid=JowxQUlIv6DgJM:&imgrefurl=http://honeycutt.pbworks.com/w/page/44796697/Math%2520Comics%2520and%2520Quotes&docid=jvEB174if01PSM&imgurl=http://honeycutt.pbworks.com/f/foxtrot1.jpg&w=346&h=480&ei=AfjIT6XoFKKe2AWm0sXZCw&zoom=1
josh c p.4 :)
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=math+comics&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=573&tbm=isch&tbnid=GqjUph84mZJJpM:&imgrefurl=http://honeycutt.pbworks.com/w/page/44796697/Math%2520Comics%2520and%2520Quotes&docid=jvEB174if01PSM&imgurl=http://honeycutt.pbworks.com/f/comic3.gif&w=600&h=219&ei=uPfIT4mMCsfm2AWEvJioDA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=476&sig=109576655747074704822&page=2&tbnh=62&tbnw=171&start=9&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:9,i:179&tx=131&ty=15
- gianna per. 3
Madison Kellogg found a website
www.svsu.edu/mathsci-center/uploads/mathgmmgsa.htm
Post a Comment