Thursday, September 1, 2016

Back to School Night Important Information

Welcome! Thank you for coming tonight!

A few good things to know: 
Get Organized: Junior high has A LOT of papers!!! I maintain a math binder for your student's class.  If they ever have a question about what papers they should have or where they go, they can use my binder during homeroom to get organized.


What's going on??: The agenda is always written on the board, Math 7 is on the left, Accelerated Math 7 is on the right.  You can also find the agenda, and handouts on the calendar-we'll look there soon. 
  
Getting Help: I am available to help answer questions during advisory almost any day.  If I am not available (I am out for Professional Development some days), they can send me an email or try again the next day.  I'm around at brunch and lunch a lot to.

Intervention/Help Center: I run intervention help during homeroom on Tuesday's and Thursday's.  I re-evaluate the students progress at each test and after each 5 week period, so your student may or may not consistently remain in the intervention.

Our goals for the year: My goal with your students is to help them enjoy learning while thinking critically about our world.  We will work on math content and it's application to making sense of problems and situations they may (they will!) encounter. Students will take ownership of their learning and keep track of their progress.  Statistics show that people who write down their goals have over an 80% higher chance of achieving them-we'll be working towards that as well. 
Now let's look at some important information.  At the top, click on the link that will take you to the course your student is in (either Math 7 or Accelerated Math 7).

No comments: